APPENDIX 118 to the data protection policy at the organization level
Last updated: JUNE 2020
This policy is valid for the website www.dentland.ro, hereinafter referred to as „the website”. The website belongs to the data operator: DENTLAND S.R.L., with headquarters in Blvd. Aviatorilor no. 23, sector 1, Bucharest or Str. Calușei no. 12, sector 2, Bucharest, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter referred to as the „Organization”)
Data of the contact person for the protection of personal data: Blvd. Aviatorilor no. 23, sector 1, Bucharest and Str. Calușei, no. 12, sector 2, Bucharest, Email: email@example.com
The following information is intended to inform the users of these internet pages about the placement, use and administration of cookies by us.
2. What are cookies?
We use the term „cookies” to refer to cookie modules and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
An „Internet Cookie” (term also known as „browser cookie” or „HTTP cookie” or „cookie”) represents a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed through the request issued by a web server to a browser (eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.). Once installed, the cookies have a specific duration of existence, remaining „passive”, in the sense that they do not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts: the name of the cookie and the content or value of the cookie. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
3. For what purposes are cookies used through this web page?
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services adapted to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely for:
– improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that appear during the visit/use by users (in essence, we monitor the performance and security of the site);
– providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used;
4. What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifespan:
– Session cookies (a session cookie is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser)
– Persistent or fixed cookies (a „persistent” or „fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date, which can be several minutes, days or several years in the future) or until it is blocked by the user at any time through the browser settings.
5. What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided by third parties, that is, not by us, in which case these cookies are called cookies placed by third parties („third party cookies”).
6. What cookies are used through this website?
By using/visiting the website, traffic analysis cookies can be placed, as well as cookies used for security purposes.
Traffic analysis cookies inform us if a certain user of the website has visited/used this website before and are used only for statistical purposes.
7. What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows the browser to be recognized. This website recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
8. Customize browser settings regarding cookies
a when the browser is closed.
9. How can cookies be turned off?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies may lead to limitations of their possibilities of use. Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a specific internet page.
All modern browsers offer the possibility to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the „options” section or in the „preferences” menu of your browser.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
An alternative is to use the Incognito mode (or private browsing – private bowsing), which deletes all cookies from the private browsing tabs after they are closed.
10. What cookies do we use on our website?
Name – SESSION ID
Essential or non-essential – Essential
Type of cookie – Website operation
Ours or third parties – Ours
Expiration period – Until the session expires
Purpose – Used to maintain session state between pages
For any additional questions regarding how personal data is processed and to exercise the rights mentioned above, please contact us at: Blvd. Aviatorilor no. 23, sector 1, Bucharest or Str. Calușei, no. 12, sector 2, Bucharest, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org